Friday, November 16, 2012

Ribbon wreath

 Happy Friday everyone!!  It's especially happy for me because my husband has been on a medical aid trip to Haiti since last Friday and he comes home tomorrow night!!  We miss him a lot!  Moving on, it's time for another challenge from Christmas Stampin' All Year Long: Create an entire gift ensemble for a teacher.  The sponsor for the challenge is Creations by AR and the prize is two templates of the winner's choice from the store.  I love templates!  They make such cute packaging for gifts are super easy to customize.  For this gift set, I tried something new!  The JUGS challenge this week is to create a ribbon wreath--something I had never even seen before.  So, my daughter and I pulled out some ribbon (white was the only one I had enough of in my stash for 2 wreaths since you need two yards of it) checked out the tutorial and set to work.  My daughter made the one inside  the gift box and I made the one on the card front.  Did I mention she is only 6!  So although it looks intricate, it is not really that difficult.  We are going to give this gift to the lady who teaches her craft class while the two younger girls and I are at Storyhour every week.

 I used the gift/card combo template from Creations by AR.  It's supposed to be a box that doubles as a card, but I really just like to use it as a box.  The inside has a little "drawer" that pulls out and is the perfect size for a tree ornament or other small gift.
 This is the outside of the box and below is the matching card.
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you will play along with us this week.  Head over to the CSAYL blog to check out the projects by the DT (I've seen a few peeks and they are amazing!) and get all the details.

Challenges:
Pretty Pattern #75--sketch (for the card)
JUGS #162--technique challenge--ribbon wreath
Sweet Stop sketches #184--sketch (for the box)
52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown--pink, black or brown, and cream or white

Supplies:
Template: Creations by AR "gift/card combo"
Stamps: Inkadinkado  snowflakes; Verve "Ornamental Christmas"
Punches/dies: Spellbinders classic scalloped oval, large; Martha Stewart snowflake punch
Fuschia ribbon and rhinestones

9 comments:

chrissy xx said...

STUnning! FABulous colours and I LOve your Gift Set Heather.
Chrissyxx
Must have a go at this ribbon wreath it looks soooo pretty. x

Ruth M said...

This is so pretty Heather - and a fab card and gift combo! Thanks so much for sharing this project with us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

Patty Gorka said...

This is soooo pretty! Your ribbon wreath looks amazing! Thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT!

Robin Parker said...

Wow, love the gift card and box. The box is stunning. Thanks for sharing on The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge.

Mynn xx said...

This is gorgeous, Heather! LOVE the set together! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Fabiola said...

magnifique!!! biz

buggin2stamp said...

Beautiful box and card. I love how you used the sketch for the top of the box. Fabulous! Thanks for playing along with The Sweet Stop Sketch.
Melissa

Melissa Craig said...

Wow! That ribbon wreath is gorgeous! I love the card. Thanks for being a pretty player at MTME Pretty Patterns.

Nancy Jensen said...

LOVE the ribbon wreath! Congrats on winning the MTME Pretty Patterns challenge!