Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Stash buster

I'm on a mission this month (year, lifetime . . .) to use up the little bits and pieces left over from previous cards.  You know, those pieces that you just can't throw away, but didn't work on your card before.  It was my goal last year, and I did pretty well for about half the year and then I just kept adding to the pile instead of taking away.  So I have a lot of great (and to be honest not so great) pieces to try to use.  This card is a combination of old and new, but mostly old.  The pattern papers I've had for several years and the pink paper, I've had for probably 12 years or so; time to use it up!  The flourish die cuts are brand new and I LOVE them.  The bits and pieces from my stash are the white oval and that beautiful flower.  My 8-year-old daughter actually made it for me.  She has a book of punch out flowers that you mix and match and layer together.  If you look carefully, you can just see the glitter on the different layers.

Challenges:
V's Sweet Ideas--something new (flourish dies)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes as long as it is covered in patterned paper
Word Art Wednesday #166--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
MFT #211--sketch
Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge #63--add some sparkle (on the flower)

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Be Blessed"
Dies/punches: MFT "Floral Flourish"; Fiskars apron border punch; spellbinders "Scalloped ovals, large" and "Classic Ovals, large"

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice use of the bits and pieces and the flowers are super. Thank you for sharing this lovely art with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings, Carole

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Heather. Love the flower and flourishes.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi there, Heather!
This is wonderful, and SO creative! Thanks for sharing with us in this month's Something New Challenge.
Blessings,
Karen
V's Sweet Ideas

Hazel said...

Thanks for another lovely entry for my Patterned Paper January challenge. x

Susan R. Opel said...

I love how you are challenging yourself to use all of the bits. I need to be more like you, I guess! It turned out lovely, Heather!

Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things