Saturday, October 14, 2017

Cozy Fire

Phew . . .it's the middle of October already!!  That means it's time for our mid-month inspiration for Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.  It's always anything Christmas-related goes.  You have all month long to play along with us.  Here is my inspiration for you:
 I have had this card base for at least 12 to 15 years.  Someone was cleaning out their stash and gave me a whole bunch.  The window was already cut and I've been looking at it for several months now thinking it would make a really fun card, but not knowing what to do with it.  And today, for some reason, an idea popped into my head and I went with it.  I started by using some rust colored ink and a brick wall stencil to create the outside of the "house".  Then I stamped the wreath image 4 different times so I could fussy cut the different layers of the bow to give it dimension.  You can't see it in the photo, but there are 4 layers to the bow, counting the center knot.  Glued them all in place and fussy cut the wreath out so I could "hang" it from the window.  Then, I had fun stamping the little scene inside the house.  Each element is separate, but it was much easier using my new mini MISTI.  I totally forgot about this set, but I might need to pull it out and use it again, the scenes you can create with it are so fun!  I used a sheet of acetate behind the cut out to create a window and placed a piece of patterned paper behind the upper half of the "window" to create the look of a window shade.
I hope you will play along with us.  Christmas is coming, and fast!  And it's never to early to get started on those Christmas cards.
Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions: "Wreath"; Clear Dollar Stamps "Home is Where the Hearth is" all scene elements and sentiment

Challenges:
ABC Christmas--U is for unlimited
Crafty Creations #352--anything goes
Art Impressions #219--stamp a scene
Hanna and Friends #284--stars (I used star brads on my sentiment strip)


11 comments:

Hazel said...

Thank you for your lovely design inspiration for mid-month for our CHNC challenge extra for October x

Monika Reeck said...

I feel warm looking into your door
love this scene and adorable color of your brick wall
great Door Decoration too
Lovely idea
Many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this time
hug
Monika

Cards By MI said...

Super cute card with a wonderful design. Lovely! Thanks for joining us over at the Merry Christmas Challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Terri's Cards N More said...

Very pretty Christmas card. Love how you created the scene through the window. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.

Chris said...

It's a lovely design, like peeking through a window into someone else's
Christmas! Thank you for playing along at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'
Chris
x

Liz said...

Super card, I love how you've created scene through the window. xx

Esther Asbury said...

What a warm and cozy winter scene! Love that pretty wreath in the window!

Congrats on being Top Pick on the Cropstop blog -- if you'd like a chance to guest design for us in future be sure to contact me via email - hmblessings@yahoo.com

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful card Heather, love the cozy scene!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Sharon said...

Such a clever card. Thanks for joining us over at the ABC Christmas Challenge.

Renee Matarese said...

This is very pretty and I love the brick wall! Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions. ~Renee

kreative basteltante said...

Such a beautiful card Heather.
Thanks for joining us at Hanna & Friends Blog
Hugs Manuela DT Coordinator