Friday, February 1, 2019

Dreams come true

Happy February!  I can't believe it's here already!  But, since it is, it's time for another challenge from the Love To Craft Challenge Blog.  This month the challenge is:  Anything Goes with the optional twist of Monochromatic.
Our fabulous sponsor for this month is The Paper Shelter

Here is the card I created using one of The Paper Shelter's adorable images:
I think natural hair and skin colors are acceptable with monochromatic color schemes, so I used the optional twist as well.  I did color the pumpkin orange originally, but it was just too much, so I colored another image and added it on top.  I added some wink of stella for a nice sparkle, because if a magic pumpkin can be blue (it is magic after all), then it definitely would be sparkly!  I also added the wink of stella on her glass slipper and the punched out pumpkin.  You can see the sparkle in the photo below.
I had a couple punched out pumpkins in my bits and pieces stash that I figured I would have to wait until Fall to use.  But as the image has a pumpkin in it, I realized a pumpkin would be the perfect embellishment.  So, I colored one up to match the one in the image and added some die cut leaves, vines and a flourish.  I thought the image looked a little plain, so I used the same gold pen that I colored her crown with to add a frame around the square.  Just enough!  I finished everything off with a few rhinestones and a fun sentiment treatment.

I hope you will get a chance to play along with us the month.  Hop on over to the LTSCB blog to check out all the details and see what the rest of the DT created.

Supplies:
Stamps: The Paper Shelter "Adorable Cinderella" digi; MFT "Magic Genie" sentiment
Dies/punches: Pumpkin punch; MFT "Fancy Flourish"; Poppy Stamps pumpkin vines and leaves

Challenges:
Moving Along with the Times #90--add a sentiment
C.R.A.F.T. #499--anything goes
Little Red Wagon #482--winter blues
Word Art Wednesday #372--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--anything goes
Penny's Challenge #415--anything goes
The Paper Shelter #368--dies and/or punches
Crafty Sentiments--anything goes
Die Cuttin Divas #405--anything goes
Your Next Stamp #106--colors of winter (this is very icy with blues and sparkle)
Creative Fingers #156--anything goes
Aud Sentiments #219--anything goes
Try Stampin' on Tuesday--sketch (and I sort of used the optional twist: metallic madness with my gold pen)

Aurora Wings #74--anything goes

14 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

Adorable. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Donna Scholz said...

Love your card, Heather! You use of blue for the monochrome is lovely. I agree, if the pumpkin would have been orange, it would be just another pumpkin - not a magic one! Nice coloring, and clever idea to raid your stash for the pumpkin embellishment! Thank you for sharing your creative talents once again with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

JanR said...

Blue pumpkins - so cool! Neat die cuts too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Wendy L said...

Super card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxx

Heather said...

Hah, LOVE the blue pumpkins - such a cutie! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

DonnaMundinger said...

What a precious image and so pretty in the monochrome, Heather! I, too, love those blue pumpkins. Thanks so much for joining us at Aurora Wings. xxD

Krafty Kaylin said...

love the coloring and the layer behind adds lots of texture. thanks for joining us at TSOT!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Heather
Lovely card.
Thanks for joining in at MAWTT.
Best wishes.
Ang.

Anet's Crafting said...

Just adorable Heather. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at The Paper Shelter. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Esther said...

Adorable!
Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Rae Ann said...

The blue tones are so pretty and I love how you put a twist on the pumpkins to keep it monochromatic.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Hi Heather! I love your card, such great composition with all those beautiful blues and great work on this adorable image from The Paper Shelter. So happy to see you playing along in our Die Cuts/Punches challenge this week as The Paper Shelter. Many hugs:) Audrey DT

jheuser69 said...

Thank you for joining our challenge at Moving Along with the Times. Your project is wonderful, and I just wanted to wish you the best of luck! – DT Jodie

Marge said...

Your painting looks like a fairy-tale illustration ! Love those blue pumpkins and leaves and the whole blue framed background. Very charming and fresh. I really enjoyed seeing every single detail on this fab card.
Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Marge